Treatment abroad is more efficient, safer and faster. Diseases are cured with less traumatic techniques, with less health consequences, with a low risk of developing functional or aesthetic defects. Thanks to medical tourism, you no longer need to undergo treatment in your native country, if your native country still uses outdated therapies. You can undergo treatment abroad by choosing the best clinic and booking a medical care program via the Booking Health service.
What diseases can be treated abroad
People usually go abroad to have an operation, cure a severe or rare disease, and take advantage of the very latest advances in medicine. Oncology, cardiac surgery, neurosurgery, orthopedics, and sports medicine are common medical tourism directions. The services of ophthalmologists, gynecologists, urologists, reproductive specialists are also in great demand.
People most often go abroad for cancer treatment. In oncology, treatment outcomes vary widely between countries with highly developed medicine and those with poorly developed medicine. The standard approach to cancer treatment in poorly developed countries includes:
- In the early stage, doctors perform traumatic, mutilating surgery, causing gross functional and aesthetic defects
- In the advanced stage, at best, palliative chemotherapy is prescribed to increase life expectancy by several months
- Elderly patients are often provided only with symptomatic therapy
However, the approach in developed countries is quite different. The early stages of cancer are treated with minimally invasive techniques: using endoscopy, laser procedures, laparoscopic, and thoracoscopic operations. The advanced stages of cancer are treated with combination therapy: surgery, radiation therapy, chemotherapy. Targeted therapy, immunotherapy, radionuclide therapy, ablation, chemoembolization, and other methods are used for many types of cancer. Even in the advanced stage of cancer, the patient can live for many more years, and in some cases, get rid of cancer completely.
Many patients come to cardiology and cardiac surgery clinics. Adult patients receive treatment of valvular disease, coronary heart disease, severe arrhythmias, and heart failure. German top-rated hospitals often provide the treatment of children with congenital heart defects, and in most cases a cure is possible with a complete correction of hemodynamics. Some patients require open surgery, but doctors in developed countries also use minimally invasive endovascular procedures for heartUnveiling the Thrills of Automobile Racing Club of America defects.
Why is it worth undergoing treatment abroad
Every year millions of people try medical tourism abroad. There are several reasons why you might want to seek treatment in a country with a high level of medical care:
- Accurate diagnostics: you will not be treated for a non-existent disease for years
- Higher chance of successfully curing a dangerous disease
- Innovative methods are used that are not yet implemented in your native country
- Treatment is more sparing, less traumatic and safe
- Robot-assisted, laparoscopic, thoracoscopic surgeries are available
- Minimally invasive endoscopic, percutaneous, endovascular procedures are performed
- You will be treated by doctors with high authority around the world
- You will receive medical care in a modern and well-equipped hospital
For diagnosis and treatment abroad, you are welcome to use the services of medical tourism facilitator Booking Health. On bookinghealth.com you can compare the prices for medical services in different clinics and book a medical care program at a favorable cost. Our experts will help you choose the best clinic and doctor, and organize your treatment abroad.